|Want to learn more about Kriya Yoga?
KriyaU is a wonderful resource for courses, books and information. Visit kriyau.com!
Our new companion site is complete and live! Visit our site to see the entire vast library of Goswami Kriyananda’s seminars, courses, and published books, now all available in one place at the same time.
Please check back often, as we are continually updating our workshops and events offerings! You may register online for each event by clicking the Find Out More link below each event summary.
- This event has passed.
Yoga for Athletes Drop-in Classes
July 22, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 2:00pm on Sunday, repeating until August 5, 2018
July 22, 29 & August 5 – Drop-in 2pm – 3:15pm
From power to endurance to speed, athletes at all levels are incorporating yoga to gain an edge over the competition and prevent injury.
At its core, yoga is an exercise for the body and mind that leads to greater aerobic strength, flexibility and focus. Some of the most elite athletes use yoga as part of a successful training program. Yoga also keeps you focused on a deep and steady breath. Training your muscles aerobically and learning how to control your breathing are two very important aspects of training and racing for any endurance athlete.
Benefits of this series include:
- Improve agility and range of motion by simultaneously lengthening and
strengthening muscles for a strong body that is not restricted by bulk.
- Reduce strain on larger dominant muscles by activating under-utilized
- Release muscle tension and counteract strain from repetitive activity.
- Strengthen the diaphragm and increases respiratory capacity during
activity to increase oxygen taken in to feed the muscles and improve
- Decrease likelihood of injury through body awareness and knowledge
- Promote overall health and wellness