Please check back often, as we are continually updating our workshops and events offerings! You may register online for each event by clicking the Find Out More link below each event summary.
- This event has passed.
Yoga For Athletes 8-week Series
August 19, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:15 pm
An event every week that begins at 4:00pm on Sunday, repeating until October 7, 2018
A Practice Specifically Designed for Active People
with Erica Austin
New Dates! Sunday 6-week Series
August 19 – October 7
NEW TIME – 4:00 – 5:15 pm
$100 preregistered for all 8 classes, or drop-in fee for each individual class
From power to endurance to speed, athletes at all levels are incorporating yoga to gain an edge over the competition and prevent injury.
At its core, yoga is an exercise for the body and mind that leads to greater aerobic strength, flexibility and focus. Some of the most elite athletes use yoga as part of a successful training program. Yoga also
keeps you focused on a deep and steady breath. Training your muscles aerobically and learning how to control your breathing are two very important aspects of training and racing for any endurance athlete.
Benefits of this series include:
- Improve agility and range of motion by simultaneously lengthening and
strengthening muscles for a strong body that is not restricted by bulk.
- Reduce strain on larger dominant muscles by activating under-utilized
- Release muscle tension and counteract strain from repetitive activity.
- Strengthen the diaphragm and increases respiratory capacity during
activity to increase oxygen taken in to feed the muscles and improve
- Decrease likelihood of injury through body awareness and knowledge
- Promote overall health and wellness