|Want to learn more about Kriya Yoga?
KriyaU is a wonderful resource for courses, books and information. Visit kriyau.com!
Our new companion site is complete and live! Visit our site to see the entire vast library of Goswami Kriyananda’s seminars, courses, and published books, now all available in one place at the same time.
Please check back often, as we are continually updating our workshops and events offerings! You may register online for each event by clicking the Find Out More link below each event summary.
- This event has passed.
Chair Yoga with Susan Kraughto
July 12, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Thursday, repeating until August 16, 2018
6 week Series beginning July 12
Thursdays 11:00 am – 12:00 Noon
Fee: $60/6 classes = $10 per class, drop-ins $12;
Chair yoga makes yoga poses accessible for everyone and is specifically great for beginners or those with physical challenges. It’s incredible how much you can do with the aid and assistance of a simple folding chair!
Chair Yoga’s many benefits:
* Tone muscles, build strength, increase bone density, improve balance.
* Reduce stiffness through gentle stretching and lessen pain sensation.
* Expand lung capacity, deliver more oxygen to body and brain.
* Increase focus, mental clarity and alertness.
* Promote calm, inner peace and enhance self-esteem.
* Relaxation, easing muscle tension and improving sleep.
You will love Susan’s gentle energy, positive attitude and ability to adapt the poses to make them accessible for ALL bodies. Don’t think for one minute that this a remedial class; students of all levels and abilities will experience the benefits of yoga in this all-level class.