Yoga Teaching Apprenticeship with Jill Loftis and Wendi Wagner:
This program is designed to bring along a select group of students to grow stronger in their practices in order to transmit the sacred teachings of yoga and grow into the role of yoga teacher. This program includes personal spiritual and sadhana guidance as well as tips and techniques to continue to grow as a powerful teacher. The apprenticeship will consist of one-on-one mentoring and class observations, as well as a group dynamic; meeting together, practicing together, and creating a class at Uttara that you will rotate through as a teacher and as a student in order to give and receive feedback on teaching skills and techniques.
Pre-requisites include a 200- or 500-hour yoga certification OR the equivalent experience teaching yoga; application and interview process; and if we are a good fit for each other, a commitment letter.
Apprentices will receive customized training that can include:
- guidance and coaching on the complete eight limbs of yoga
- advanced teaching techniques
- “reading” student bodies
- in-depth study of poses
- hands-on assists and adjusts
- how to teach private sessions
- mudras, mantra, pranayama
- opportunities to assist Jill and/or Wendi in classes/discussion after
- class observation (Jill and/or Wendi taking your class OR observing it and offering guidance)
- lessons on working with specific populations (children, teens, elderly, athletes)
- energy body, chakras
- reading recommendations and assignments
Attendance at all Group Classes is not required but is encouraged; you will be required to teach one, assist one and attend at least two of these classes.
Questions? Email Jill@UttaraYogaStudio.com.